Friday, November 8, 2013

The Poor Man's Andrew Wyeth

 Within three days, a transfomation has taken place.



Original graphite drawing, day 1, by artist Carroll Jones II
red water bucket Nov.2 2013


Working 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, no vacations, no flashy style of living like the "avant-garde"


original graphite drawing, day 4, by Carroll Jones III
red water bucket Nov. 5


"Here is the latest on the Red Water Bucket. I know, it isn't Red. Maybe it won't be in the end but I swear the original is red. I got this far and like what the graphite pencil is doing without any color. Color pencil drawings are almost all the time drawn in first with regular pencil and color is added later. But this 'feels' like a Andrew Wyeth drawing and I like it that way. I don't know what the final version will sell for but I am the poor man's Andrew Wyeth. He was getting millions for originals before he died and I think that was just. He deserved it too. If a foot ball player can get that sort of payment, a great artist can get that too. There are thousands of foot ball players and only one Andrew Wyeth. "


No comments: