Monday, March 11, 2013

Another August In Good Company with Angels


At one time, I was discussing watermarks with Mr. Jones.   It led to a true story about a painting of his that "starred" in a movie with Dennis Quaid, In Good Company.  Like so many things that artists do, it was uncompensated.

 

 

ANOTHER AUGUST--taken from Jones III catalog, copyright 2013



"I don't know what to tell you. I don't think there are any watermarks on my website either. I don't know. I've never tried to print out anything. 
There is a pretty good law for artists in their copyright ventures. It's called The Intent to Copyright Law. It means you can copyright anything you did way later and it's still copyrighted. So on my note cards I have a red copyright C printed and it scares most people away. I've never followed through with anything because it hasn't come up. BUT In the movie "In Good Company", which I haven't seen is my print of "Another August", (I'm told) predominantly displayed for around 5 minutes. I saw it displayed on "Angel", the TV series and then in the movie "In Good Company". I only bring this up because I was going to sue the movie for using it without asking me but a lawyer said that they must have looked it up and found no copyright. The lawyer said it was good attention for me.....although I never heard a thing about it. I don't care for David Quade (spelling?) so I have never watched it, but I do own an unopened DVD. I was told to watch it because it is a good movie but I just don't care. "

No comments: